Did you know that there are quite a few misconceptions out there about senior retirement homes? A lot of people tend to associate living in a retirement residence as losing their independence, or that the seniors living in these homes must require constant care and have bad health. These misconceptions can be harmful as the reality of living in a retirement residence is far from a bleak environment.
For example, as one of the top retirement homes, Queens Avenue Retirement Residence is a welcoming and vibrant place that not only offers personalized support but also offers rich social and recreational opportunities, as well as conveniences like delicious dining and housekeeping. We are passionate about retirement living in Oakville, with a goal to help seniors lead better, more fulfilled lives.
Here are just a few of the misconceptions that are going around surrounding the topic of senior retirement homes:
Loss of Independence and Freedom
- Just because you are moving into a retirement residence, it doesn’t mean you are being put into a room and held under lock-and-key.
- Top retirement homes, including Queens Avenue Retirement Residenceinclude “independent living” as a part of the lifestyle in the retirement community.
- This includes anything from suite styles that include full kitchens to cook your own meals, to various leisure and recreation activities to keep you active and having fun, to various care and health packages to choose from in order to find what best suits your needs.
Cost Is Too Expensive
- It’s always important to first start off by doing your research. Shop around and visit affordable senior living residences that appeal to you and fit into your budget.
- Another important tip to keep in mind is going over the current living expenses in your own home.
- You may be surprised by how much you’re spending on maintaining your home, buying groceries, or bringing in an extra home or healthcare support, and how affordable senior living might make more sense for your situation.
Boring and Bland Food
- The idea that food served senior retirement homes is boring, bland, not nutritionally balanced, and is “all the same” is far from the truth.
- At Queens Avenue, Retirement Residence we provide seniors with a variety of nutritionally balanced, home cooed chef meals that suit your preferences and are made from fresh, local ingredients. Our meals are additionally enjoyed inside our elegant, luxury dining room.
Queens Avenue Retirement Residence: Affordable Senior Living As A Top Retirement Home
Are you looking for a high-quality senior retirement home that offers you an independent lifestyle inside a vibrant and welcoming community? Then look no further than Queens Avenue Retirement Residence. We are passionate about senior living in Oakville and are dedicated to offering you balanced retirement lifestyle while creating a strong sense of community both within our building, through our programs and services, and into the greater Oakville community. Contact us today to learn more!