“What type of retirement care can I afford?” It’s one of the most common questions that seniors ask themselves, and it’s an important one to think about and plan for as well.
Across Canada, the amount you can expect to pay for housing options for older adults will vary greatly, depending on such factors as the size and location of the affordable senior housing for rent, the type of affordable senior living community being offered, and the quality and number of amenities.
The average monthly rent for affordable retirement homes across Ontario according to the Government of Ontario is $1,500-$6,000 per month. Often when Canadians have compared the costs to owning their own home, having private home care, or other senior assisted living options, they often find that paying for senior care in a retirement community is a much more affordable option.
Senior Care Costs By Province
The costs of retirement living options for seniors can range depending on what part of the country you are living in. Here are just a few estimated figures below to give you an idea:
- Ontario – Affordable retirement homes costs average around $3,038/month.
- British Columbia – Prices for affordable senior housing for rent average around $2,250/month.
- Alberta – Retirement community rent for seniors in Alberta averages $2,780 per month.
- Manitoba & Saskatchewan – Costs for housing options for older adult’s average around $2,378 to $2,505/per month.
- Quebec – The province with the most affordable retirement homes average around $1,520/month.
- Atlantic Canada Provinces – Provinces located in the east have one of the most affordable retirement living options for seniors in the country at an average of $2,137/month.
Senior Care Costs By Type
While where you are located is certainly a factor in determining costs of senior care, the biggest determining factor though comes down to the type of care a senior requires:
- For example, Queens Avenue Retirement Residence in Oakville offers both “independent living” and “senior assisted living” options to those a part of our retirement community.
- Our suites that feature an “independent living” lifestyle are part of the basic retirement home cost that residents will pay.
- From there, we also offer additional assisted living care packages for you to pick and choose from in order to care to your specific needs on an individual level, such as medication management, personal laundry, lunch programs, and additional personal care services.
Queens Avenue Retirement Residence in Oakville: Affordable Senior Assisted Living Dedicated To You
Are you overwhelmed by all the choices surrounding affordable retirement homes, affordable senior living, and affordable senior housing for rent? Consider Queens Avenue Retirement Residence in Oakville for your new home today. Contact us today to learn more about the benefits of our balanced-focus approach to retirement living and request an information package on Queens Avenue, book a personal tour, or inquire about a respite stay.