Moving an aging loved one into a senior retirement residence is never easy. But by living outside a senior living community and waiting until a crisis occurs to relocate, it can prevent older adults from fully enjoying their retirement to the fullest. It’s best not to delay the search; here’s how to determine if the time is right to move to a retirement community now:
Care Needs Are Growing And Becoming Constant
- Have you noticed your aging loved one requires more care than can be provided at home? It might be time to consider an Oakville seniors residence for them.
- Caregiving can be an incredible task to take on for the family of a senior, and not everyone is able to handle such a task. In fact, it really can take a huge toll on your family, even leading to feeling exhausted, burned out and stressed.
- If you notice that your loved one’s care needs are growing, it’s time to consider an Oakville seniors residence that can provide a safe and secure environment where they will have access to professional care and emergency assistance around the clock.
- There may be a transition period, but the long-term benefits and peace of mind are worth looking into this sooner rather than later as their care needs become a serious concern.
Home Maintenance Is Difficult
- The majority of seniors want to stay in their homes as long as possible, especially as they fear that moving to an Oakville seniors residence will mean a loss of independence. This is simply not the case though, and in fact, it is the opposite where they will have more independence.
- The demands of maintaining a home can be difficult, especially the older we get. If your loved one is struggling to keep up with daily maintenance, including cleaning, yard work, repairs, or even driving, it may be a sign that it’s time to look for an Oakville seniors residence.
- The senior retirement residences of today have developed so quickly over time and are definitely not at all like nursing homes (a common misconception people have).
- Older adults have access to a variety of living options, including independent living apartments and homes, assisted living and skilled nursing facilities.
- Many senior retirement residences offer services such as housekeeping, dining, and even transportation for residents, enabling older adults to have the independence they desire without the unnecessary stress of maintaining a home.
Queens Avenue Retirement Residence: Oakville Seniors Residence With A Balanced, Independent Lifestyle Approach
Are you looking for an Oakville senior’s residence for your aging loved one to call home? Queens Avenue Retirement Residence offers seniors the opportunity to live an independent and balanced lifestyle by taking advantage of the numerous services we offer to create the best retirement lifestyle of our residents. Contact us today to learn more about the benefits of our balanced-focus approach to retirement living.