We all need to get outside, get a bit of sunshine, and enjoy nature. What some communities may not realize is that it takes more than a small patio to give their residents a chance to get out and enjoy the natural world around them. It’s important for communities to have access to other areas like balconies, decks, gardens, large entryways, and even the surrounding parks in the town or city.
Why is Outdoor Space Important for a Senior Independent Living Community?
Having easy access to a beautiful property empowers residents to enjoy nature and the changing seasons, to go out and take a walk, feed the birds, or engage with the larger community outside their own.
When considering a new place to live, outdoor space is usually paramount to that decision. Garden and yard space, nearby amenities, location within the community, or proximity to nice parks are often major deciding factors when renting or buying a home. These don’t stop being important when you’re looking to join a retirement living community.
This is why Queens Avenue Retirement Residence provides:
- Multiple kinds of outdoor spaces on the property including decks, patios and gardens. Lots of park-like space to walk or sit.
- Opportunities to go to parks in the Oakville and surrounding area to enjoy the natural beauty of the community.
- Balconies for when you want to enjoy some fresh air but still have some privacy.
- A gardening program to give our residents an opportunity to connect with nature and indulge in their green thumbs.
- A beautiful location in the heart of the vibrant community of Oakville.
The most important thing for us is helping our residents achieve health and happiness. This is at the core of why we have so many outdoor spaces, but there are other important benefits associated with going outside and enjoying nature:
- You get more exercise. When you go outside, you usually walk more.
- It boosts Vitamin D levels. Your body uses sunlight to create vitamin D and getting just five to ten minutes a few times a week can be enough.
- It encourages you to get social. When you’re outside your home, you may see people you know, or even meet new people and start new friendships.
- It can help you sleep. For your internal clock—also known as your Circadian Rhythm—to work properly, your eyes need to experience sunlight and not just artificial light.
A Retirement Living Community Where You Can Enjoy The Changing Seasons
Queens Avenue Retirement Residence knows how important experiencing outdoor space and nature is to your overall wellbeing. Give us a call at (905) 815-0862 xt 106 or visit our website to contact us. We’ll be happy to answer your questions or schedule a tour for you to experience the Queens Avenue property for yourself.